Basic Bread Dough
1 kilo high protein flour or bread flour
250 gm fine sugar
12 gm salt
20 gm instant dry yeast
20 gm bread improver
150 gm eggs
40 gm milk powder
50 gm butter
50 gm margarine
1/2 liter water
- In a mixing bowl, mix the bread flour, sugar, salt, yeast, bread improver, eggs and milk powder with a beter. While mixing, ad in the butter and margarine and ensure that it is throughly mixed.
- Slowly add the water bit by bit while using the beater. At this stage, the dough will have form a solid gooey mass. Properly made dough will be strecthable and slightly sticky. For the proper consistency, you may have to knead the dough and toss it as you would - like making a pizza (slamming it on the table and then rolling it again and repeating).
- Put the dough in an airtight container or cover the bowl with the moist cloth. Dough must be constantly kept moist. Leave the dough to rest for about 15 minutes so that the yeast can work on it.
- Tear off the dough, rll it in yor hands and knead into a ball as required for the various recipes.
- Use the water bit by bit and make sure you stop when the dough start to get sticky. It all depends on the flour,sometimes it need less water.
- The use of bread improver is an optional. This is only an agent to make the bread more soft. You can also make the bread soft if you knead it well.
- You can use 100 gm butter or 100gm margerine, you can be flexible. Even if you don't have both of it you can use cooking oil.
- Don't afraid and be creative, if you don't have milk powder you can subtitute the milk powder with bread flour and put half of the water with milk.
- If you don't have any bread machine or a strong mixer, you can use your own hand to knead the dough. The process will take about 15 to 20 min to get a right dough. Test the dough by stretch it and if the dough can be stretch without easily been break. Thats mean you are done.
1 pack of chicken sausages ( any kind of sausages you like and you can make more than a pack)
1 egg beaten
- Break the dough off into 50 gm rolls. Rolls into a long sausage shape and then using a rolling pin, flatten it out.
- Place a sausage onto the flat dough and roll it in so it covers approximately half of the middle portion of the sausage. The dough is elastic and may shrink, so you would have to stretch it out a bit again. Repeat until you use up the sausages and dough. Leave under a moist cloths for one and a half hour or two.
- Before baking, use the beaten egg and paint the mixture onto the dough to glaze it. Bkae at 180 degree celsius for 20 to 30 minutes or until it brown.