125 gm butter (1/2 stick)
75 gm icing sugar
225 gm flour, sifted
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon emplex (optinal - a chemical that provides extra crispness to cookies, can be found at cake specialist shop)
toasted half almond (or whole almond )
toasted almond nips
cooking chocolate (melted)
small paper cups/paper cases
- Cream butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolk and cream for a minute or two.
- Add flour bit by bit together with emplex and mix it well till become a dough.
- Take a marble-sized dough (about 8-10 gm) and wrap around the half almond. Shape into a small ball ( if you use whole almond, shape it like a football ball ).
- Place it on greased cookie trays and bake in pre-heated oven at 170 degree celsius for 20-25 minutes or till the bottom of the cookies become slightly brown. Cool on wire racks.
- Cover the cookie with melted chocolate and place it on the paper cup.
- Sprinkle almond nips over the top and leave it to set.